Aside from the skin, the liver is the largest organ in the body and plays an imperative role in our health. The liver has many functions. Its main job is to receive what passes through our intestines and keep the ‘bad guys’ (toxins and harmful carcinogens) from getting into our bloodstream.
When we have a well-rounded yoga practice that allows us to stretch, twist, expand and contract, we facilitate the process of waste removal. With these following 5 yoga poses, wastes from lactic acid to lymphatic fluid, toxins, and carbon dioxide will all be processed and removed from the deep tissues and extremities of the body.
Here are 5 Yoga Poses to Detoxify Your Liver:
1. Revolved Half Moon: Parivrtta Ardha Chandrasana
2. Seated Spinal Twist: Ardha Matsyendrasana
3. Marichi’s Pose: Marichiasana
4. Standing Belly Twist: Parivrtta Hasta Padangusthasana
5. Revolved Side Angle: Parivrtta Parsvakonasana
Click below to read the full post…