Are you looking to lose weight through healthy means? It is certainly possible to shed pounds by eating healthy, fat burning foods and implementing simple lifestyle changes. This is the correct path for long term weight loss success. Many people try to lose weight quickly through unhealthy methods. Most of the time, they will be unsuccessful in their attempts. Even if they manage to lose some weight, it is likely to come back again in a short period of time.
Did you know that there are certain foods which can help you to lose more than 2 pounds in a week? You just need to include these foods in your diet. They help in weight loss by curbing your appetite and also assisting in fat burning. Let us see some of these super-foods below.
1. Walnuts – According to Joe Vinson from the University of Scranton, walnuts contain almost twice the amount of antioxidants when compared to other nuts. They rank higher than almonds, pistachios and other nuts. They are also low in cholesterol. You can add a few walnuts to your salad to add more crunch and taste to it. However, you have to keep in mind to eat walnuts in moderation as they are high calorie food.
2. Spinach – This food is rich in fiber, vitamin K and A, water, antioxidants, minerals like potassium, iron and magnesium. If you eat just one handful of spinach, it can make you feel full very quickly, curbing your appetite and food cravings. Spinach also helps in cleaning the digestive tract and getting rid of constipation problem.
3. Beetroot – This amazing food helps in detoxification of the blood and aids in renewing the blood with minerals and natural sugars. Beets are low in calories yet high in nutrients like potassium, folic acid and fiber. The leaves of beetroot are also edible and are rich in protein, calcium, vitamin A and C and beta-carotene. Drinking a glass of beetroot juice aids in improving your stamina allowing you to exercise more and burn more calories.
4. Cinnamon – This is another excellent weight loss food which has got tons of amazing properties. It also has diabetes fighting qualities and promotes better blood circulation. Just consuming 1/2 a teaspoon daily can prevent insulin spikes in your body and also prevent sugar cravings. You can use grounded cinnamon as replacement for sugar in your tea and coffee. It might take a little while to get used to the changed taste but after a while it should feel fine.
5. Tomatoes – Whenever you munch on a piece of tomato, your body releases a hormone called cholecystokinin. This hormone is said to tighten the valve between the stomach and the intestines which will cause us to feel full and make us stop eating sooner. Tomatoes also boost our energy levels, stabilize our blood sugar levels, detoxify our body, and lower the cholesterol. Isn’t it time to add more of this super-food to your salad or your daily diet in order to lose weight in a healthy way?
Author: Johny Robinson @ EzineArticles