Unsightly cords or rusty shower curtain rings can really bring down a room. Lucky for you, there are some incredible hacks that can make sure your wireless router is never seen again, or your shower curtains never meet those rusty metal rings again. If you’re looking for a solution to a decorating problem, these hacks can teach you the easy way to hang a curtain rod, or even how to fake granite countertops. I might even say these hacks are pretty incredible.
Check out these 17 decorating hacks to beautify your home:
1. Hide your thermostat behind a painting
via The Third Boob
A hinged painting is the perfect way to hide your eyesores.
2. Give your washing machine an upgrade with electrical tape
via A Beautiful Mess
A cheap and easy way to make your washing machine and dryer look current.
3. Tie shower curtains with bows instead of metal rings
via etsy / elisabethmichael
This way, your shower curtain rings won’t rust and you can easily clean the ties in the washer.
4. Use an old laundry basket as a stencil for polka dot walls
A simple stencil without paying a fortune.
5. Use a door mat to cover an unsightly vent
via Debbie Doo’s
A decorative door mat looks much better than an ugly, exposed vent.
6. Replace your ugly whiteboard with a gorgeous glass frame
via Jill Ruth & Co
Simply frame burlap or another interesting backdrop and use erasable markers on the glass.
7. Repurpose old crates for a stylish shoe organizer
via decor hacks
A practical, yet decorative approach to storing your boots and shoes.
8. Use a black drop cloth to conceal your computer wires at your desk
Use magnets or Velcro to attach your cloth.
9. Use your favorite fabric to make fun, removable wallpaper
via How About Orange
This is so easy to do, and way more practical than traditional wallpaper. All you need is water, corn starch, and your favorite fabric.
10. Make faux granite countertops with a little creativity
Use primer, paint, and a sea sponge to create a countertop that looks like it cost you the big bucks (for only $20).
11. Make a wreath out of tea bags
Pretty AND organized at the same time? Yes please.
12. Add a mirror to your room
It may seem like a simple trick, but it’s often overlooked. Adding a mirror makes your room look bigger.
13. Use Command hooks to easily hang a curtain rod
via Command Brand
Need to hang a curtain rod, but have no drill? Two medium or large Command hooks will do the trick.
14. Use a hollowed-out book to hide your wireless router
via Ana Maria Munoz
Routers are such an eyesore. A simple trick is to remove the pages from a book so you can hide it out of sight and still get a good signal.
15. Add a pop of color to the room by painting the inner rim of your doors
A low-commitment way to add some color.
16. Hide your television wires and cables in a shower curtain rod
via fresh crush
Eyesore? What eyesore?!
17. Use crown molding to upgrade your support beams
This simple trick adds character and makes your support beams look so much better.
Source – julia.letts