What is Acidity
Acidity refers to a set of symptoms caused by an imbalance between the acid secreting system of the stomach and proximal intestine and the protective mechanisms that ensure their safety. Acidity is responsible for various symptoms like dyspepsia, heartburn and the ulcers formation.
Acidity means the excessive discharge of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach.
Acidity is the set of symptoms caused by a disparity between the acid secreting mechanism of the stomach and proximal intestine and the defensive mechanisms that ensure their security. Acidity is accountable for signs like dyspepsia, heartburn and the formation of ulcers. Acidity is more common in very emotional and nervous human beings.
Acidity is closely related to change inalpha-cellulose content & loss of strength after aging. When excess acid leaks back up into the gullet this inflames and irritate the lining of the oesophagus and the feeling of heartburn is produced.
Below is the list of some useful Home Remedies for Acidity
Home Remedies for Acidity:
1) 1-2 teaspoon juice of chebulic myrobalan is highly helpful in the treatment of acidity and heart burn.
2) Eating water melon, banana and cucumber is also reduces the acidity.
3) Juice of raw spinach also helps to reduce acidity caused by smoking or excessive consumption of alcohol.
4) Drinking the almond milk made from blanched almonds is very helpful as it supplies good quality protein and also binds the excess of acid in the stomach.
5) A glass of plain milk gives fine relief during the pain.
6) Take tender coconut water 3- 4 times a day.
7) Take a small piece of jaggery each hour. Just keep it in the mouth and gradually suck it till acidity gone.
8) Cumin seeds boiled in a glass of water can be taken. This remedy is also superior home remedy for acidity.
9) By Eating sprinkle sugar and pepper on the piece of pineapple, you will get relief from acidity.
10) You can also get relief from acidity, by drinking pumpkin juice and also adding sugar in it for better taste.
11) Drink carrot juice, it is also used to get relief from acidity.
12) Take 1 tablespoon of amla with 1 tablespoon of haritaki.
13) Squeeze the juice of an orange and mix it with roasted cumin seeds. You can also add some rock salt to make taste good. This will give you an instant relief from acidity.
Post Author – Ashi Jas@EzineArticles